Monday 12 December 2011

Hate

Okay, so people dislike a LOT of things...and being human, we love to talk about how much we dislike these things.

Two things I hear most often are 'I hate Justin Bieber' and 'I hate Twilight'. I think they are just controversial topics, like marmite (as they say...).

I don't think there is anything wrong with disliking something. I think sometimes it is a positive thing :)
It's all part of discovering things about yourself and letting others get to know you...

However, I do think people need to learn the difference between something or someone that is 'crap' (using lighter words here..) or 'untalented', and something or someone that they dislike.

I am not a fan of Justin Bieber. By this I mean, I don't buy his music because it isn't something I would usually listen to. I would like to stress, however, that is is unfair to say that he is untalented just because I don't like his music, and to be perfectly honest I think it would be ignorant to say that.

It is definitely fair to say he can sing - however high or low you think his voice is, and I also applaud anyone that can play an instrument or write their own music.

Whether you like his music or not, he certainly is not untalented.

More to the point, I get even angrier about the fact that people then begin to hate the fans that like him. I mean, leave them alone guys! what is wrong with people having an obsession? I bet you wouldn't turn against someone who felt that way about beyonce? or the beatles?

Tell me what you think... Is it ok to judge someone's talent based on your opinion of them? or Is it wrong to combine the two?

Should we then continue to hate others that disagree?

Unti we blog again,
x

No comments:

Post a Comment