Monday 7 May 2012

Review: American Reunion

Star Rating: ***

I love the American Pie films, (specifically talking about 1, 2 and the wedding as we can pretty much ignore all of the others...) So I had high expectations for this movie and was completely aware that it was going to be ... well... an American Pie movie..

The fourth movie (and it is the fourth movie, don't argue) sees the 'team' reunite for their high-school reunion, and as per usual nothing goes smoothly.
I don't particularly want to tell you anything else about the story... because I don't want to give away the jokes or big plots, but I will say that if you did like the original movies and characters, then you will probably like this movie too.

If I'm honest, I wasn't disappointed, I laughed a lot and it was really nice seeing the cast back together and where all the characters were in their lives now.
It would be fair to say that we shouldn't expected too much from these movies, essentially they are all about sex, alcohol and embarrassment, but we still love them.

Jim's dad (Eugene Levy) is still probably my favourite character. Always awkward but trying to do good, we see him now a widower and ready to date again.... which leads to a number of funny situations at, you guessed it, Stifler's (Seann William Scott) party.

Of course we see our favourites, Oz (Chris Klein), Michelle (Alyson Hannigan), Heather (Mena Suvari), Vicky (Tara Reid), Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas), Jim (Jason Biggs) and the one and only Stifler's Mom (Jennifer Coolidge).

To be honest, this movie was nothing new or spectacular, but I think that is what was nice about it - we never like too much change.

Just as much of a cringe and just as funny, this film is great for anyone who already loves these movies and wants to feel nostalgic for the evening. As a movie, it will never be great, but the characters and the bad jokes make up for it all.

Until we blog again,
x

No comments:

Post a Comment